Repro or original sheetmatal

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

jds15151

Repro or original sheetmatal

Post by jds15151 »

Does anyone have or reproduce the front end/nose and the rear end sheetmetal for the GPA? Thanks
Mithril

Post by Mithril »

These are not the only (rare) missing parts on the ebay's GPA ... :wink:

About nose, try Richard Sanders from Australia. No clues for a rear section. A better hull (to be restaured) will cost you 10.000 euros at least but these are quite rare.

If needed, I can help with a great GPA frame, I suppose this one has been cut (front and rear) ...
Mithril
1943 Ford GPA #7177 (SOLD)
1945 Ford GPW #267061
1944 Bantam T-3 #48593
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showgal ... me=mithril
http://homeusers.brutele.be/mithril
GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 »

I posted some thoughts on the G503 auction page about the ebay GPA. Its worth reading the thread. A gentleman named Matt had approached me last year about trading some hulls from my parts last year to restore this GPA. We talked more about all the missing parts and I guess he decided there was just too much missing besides the obvious. Here are just some of my observations.

The hull does not have a floor, its all cut away look at the picture of the rear differential and the below the engine. Also side rail near driver and significant drivers hull side is gone. The drive train that is mostly complete is mainly common GPW stuff... it doesn't have the transfer PTO or at least not the handles... but I bet the PTO is gone as well.... the marine propellor gear bilge, bilge selector handle etc are all probably missing as well. Winch PTO on top of engine is missing too as well as bracket. The shroud on the radiator is incorrect, although it does have the radiator bracket which is very rare. Dash is chopped where the side vents are. No deck panels except the engine cover and engine side covers... missing bow cover rear deck and battery covers etc etc... Missing seats and more importantly seat rails, not sure about rear seat but I assume its not there... Wheels are not combat rims. Also frame integrity is gone since its A frame is chopped. I am curious to see what this goes for.

Once again please don't take any of this as offensive, I've just been collecting GPA's a long time and am painfully aware of parts scarcity.

Tony