GPA Rudders any one?

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

richardfs

GPA Rudders any one?

Post by richardfs »

Hi All,
When I restored my first GPA I remember too well the trouble I had finding parts. 20 years on this problem is much worse. Parts like rudders are almost impossible to find.
I have spent the last 20 years growing an engineering business. Today I am lucky enough to have access to grinders, gear cutters and CNC lathes.
In short there is not to much that can not be made. I am lucky to that I can borrow some nice original parts from a friend who has two disassembled GPA,s.
Now there is a unique oppertunity that allows me to make very high quality replica,s of original parts. ("Well 23years of selling industrial drive parts its time I did some thing interesting")
Needless to say I will not have access to this nice machinery for ever so I am quickly making some things I need for my new GPA propject.
Rudders
Well I had to do a few overs. They should be ready in about another week. Just the washers to make and a few pin holes to drill, then the hot riviting.

If you need one please drop me a line.

These vains are ground finished to the correct imperial thickness and really are a precision copy.

(Do not Have to be Mad but it sure helps)
Well thats GPA restorers for you.
Best regards Richard