Site Activity

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

GPA2196

Site Activity

Post by GPA2196 »

I stopped posting questions to G503 about the GPA because of this site.. but after no response here, I started posting the same questions to G503 and got responses from members of this site.... where should we post? I monitor this site daily.. I think its a great site for us... but its hard when you get no responses.....

Thoughts? are we being redundant here? Lets make this site stronger...

Tony
leo verhagen
C-SICK

Post by leo verhagen »

Hello Tony,

The difference between this site and the G503 is the number of members off course. Another thing is the time difference between the USA, Australia and Europe. I personally moniter this site allmost daily as well, but I don't want to be the person that is allways responding, some other members must have their chance as well, don't you think? And not everybody is checking this site daily...
If you have an urgent question best thing to do is to post on both sites, but if you have a tippical gpa question, than I think this is the site to post it, because allmost all members are gpa owners themselves, which is not allways the case on the G503 site.
Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration
GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 »

Understand Leo, I my main point was that some of the members from this site will answer on G503 instead of here :) I do try to post in both places if it is urgent. But I really like this site since it is pure GPA :)

Tony
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Tony,

Because this site is focussed on the GPA, it gets less activity than G503. I tend to check this site infrequently due to this low activity. The G503 has the GPW forum (that is applicable to the GPA) which tends to get a lot of activity with a lot of very knowledgeable people.

Also, when I am not at my computer, I can recall the g503 site name easier than this forum.

I agree that this forum is very useful but it does not prevent me from going to other forums and it is happen stance whether I respond to a questioned posed here versus G503.

Leo,

Is far as I am concerned, if you feel that you can respond to a question appropriately, I would not worry about being the first person to answer all the time. If I feel that I can contribute to the answering of a question, I will chime in.

I hope all of your restorations are going well. I continue to wait for my hull. :cry: Meanwhile I am trying to put as many things together (i.e. lights and fixtures on deck plates. Anyone have opinions on this? What to add and what not to add?

Thanks,

Donovan.
GPA 11374
fordgpa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Activity

Post by fordgpa »

GPA2196 wrote:I stopped posting questions to G503 about the GPA because of this site.. but after no response here, I started posting the same questions to G503 and got responses from members of this site.... where should we post? I monitor this site daily.. I think its a great site for us... but its hard when you get no responses.....

Thoughts? are we being redundant here? Lets make this site stronger...

Tony

Tony thank you for reponse. :D

I agree with with you and the others .
I also monitor G503 still a great site BTW. 8)

I don t know what we can do to make this site stronger and bigger .
Not all the GPA owners are member off this site. :(
Maybe you all can contact the other GPA non members to join us overhere

And keep this site alive and kicking
:lol:

Thank you all and keep posting Peter
bobassel
Site Admin
Site Admin

activity

Post by bobassel »

Yes I agree with you all and I take a look at both sites too.
To give you all a little inspiration take a look at my photobucket
with the link at the bottum of this message.
A short movie of my "landing" with my GPA.
It is not a " Hollywood" quality that is because I 'm the cameraman
& captain at the same time.
Pharhaps it is an idea for everybody to do this link at the bottum
of a message.
I' m sure everybody is interested in pictures and restauration results
of other GPA owners.

Greetings Bob
Last edited by bobassel on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford GPA 12350, april 2nd 1943
Author of GPA book,
Willys MD M38A1, A13817 1952
leo verhagen
C-SICK

Post by leo verhagen »

Nice movie mister Bob Spielberg :D
Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration
GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 »

Bob et al,

I watched it the other day... very cool.... and very impressive being able to film and work all the controls for a water exit. I'm looking forward to trying to do the water exit as smoothly. Probably after some practice... We have a small community lake with a boat ramp 2 miles from my house so I will probably start practicing there....

My hull should be complete this week! The best hull I had, had some really bad front railings replicated. they were notched to make the curve and looked horrible. We took the rails off of the infamous "burned GPA" Most probably know the story of that poor restored GPA that was crushed and burned in a fire when its storage building burned and collapsed in California. Well we cut the burned rails off and seperated innner and outer rail, and shrunk and stretched (we means my restorer :) ) to fit perfectly, so the rails while replaced are authentic GPA rails :)

Then off to the sand blaster then priming and water testing.... should be interesting.. we are going to test the hull before assembly, so will have to plug up the drive line and steering holes... the NOS tub (but rusted) I got from Steve Barber still has the boards for water testing they used to plug up the holes like the drag link and prop shafts... we'll probably copy that to do the testing... Been thinking about strapping it down to a boat trailer to give it some weight to get it lower in the water and then just back it in with a truck... probably will float the trailer pretty easily though.... need more weight

I'm looking at a December completion date now (Hopefully) All of the other parts have been prepped painted and fitted... Now for the assembly. We've even test fitted the floor and seats on the frame so you could now drive the chassis around and be seated comfortably.... Just don't make a sharp turn ;)

I need to get some electronic pictures so I can post.....

Cheers,
Tony