GPA Wiring

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

GPA2196

GPA Wiring

Post by GPA2196 »

Does anybody have a picture of the junction tag where the wiring harness both get attached to a screw on a small board is it on the firewall?... are they the same or similar to the GPA...

Thanks,
Tony
fordgpa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fordgpa »

Tony I don t understand your message what are you looking for ?
Do you have a picture or something?
Peter
GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 »

I'm not sure what I'm asking either since I've never wired up a GPA :) On a GPW jeep the wiring harness come in sections and connect to eachother by getting screwed together on a brown fiber board with flat head screws mounted on the firewall. Are there any such things like this on the GPA? I don't have my wiring harness here for reference but I know that sections such as the headlights must connect into the main harness... is there such a junction block under the engine deck too?

Here is a pic that was graciously provided to me for reference. Is this the same as the GPW one? You can see the wiring board I am interested in to the left of the picture (Driver's Side)

Thanks,
Tony
bobassel
Site Admin
Site Admin

connectors

Post by bobassel »

Yes Tony

They are the same as on the GPW.
The long six point model as can been seen on your picture and a 2
point model is fixed under the front deck a little right from the left
headlamp. (You can see 2 small bolts on your pictures)
This is for connecting the headlamp wiring.
Than you have special connectors for the tail lights and one to connect the small deckplate left from the engine lid to the front deck.
If you take a look at the wiring drawning in the manual you can see all those connectors.

Greetings Bob
Ford GPA 12350, april 2nd 1943
Author of GPA book,
Bantam trailer S.N: 147807
GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 »

Thank you Bob!

Is the 2 screw one available anywhere? can a six one be cut down? Ahhh I see I thought that place under the deck was where the Resistor went for the Black out light... no wonder the holes didn't line up LOL.... ok now where does the black out light resistor go? I got one from Jaap a few years ago... its kind of a greenish color... how/where does this attach?

Many Thanks,
Tony
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Tony,

I sent you an e-mail with a picture attached.

Let me know if you did not receive it.

Donovan.
GPA 11374
GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 »

Thanks Michael,

Got your picture... its what I needed... Also I found out that the 6 and 2 junction blocks are available. Apparently the correct ones are not the reddish brown ones most of the dealers sell.. those are for Willys... the ones we need are the GPW ones that are on a greyish asbestos like material... they are apparently available from Ron Fitzpatrick and Pete Debella.... I haven't checked yet though....

Thanks,
Tony